- Click Start, click Run, type FIREWALL.CPL , and then press ENTER
- On the General tab, if the On check box is selected, the Windows Firewall is enabled. If this option is not selected, then ignore the rest of the steps below.
- Click the Exceptions tab.
- Under Programs and Services, select MSN Messenger if it appears in the list, and then click Delete.
- Click Add Program, click Browse, and then locate the C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger folder.
- Double-click the Msnmsgr file. Note: The computer settings determine whether the file name is followed by the extension ".exe."
- Make sure that the Msnmsgr file is added to the Programs and Services list and that MSN Messenger is selected
- Click OK to save the changes